To the Land of the Living
by Robert Silverberg
- 1984: Jusqu'aux portes de la vie, Laffont Hard cover book, ISBN 2221064119, 329 pp., in French
- 1989: To the Land of the Living, , 308 pp.
- 1990: To the Land of the Living, Warner Mass market paperback, ISBN 0-445-20844-9, 310 pp.
- 1990: To the Land of the Living, Easton Press Hard cover book, 310 pp.
- 1990: To the Land of the Living, Gollancz Mass market paperback, 308 pp.
- 1995: Jusqu'aux portes de la vie, LGF Mass market paperback, ISBN 2253071781, 411 pp., in French
- 1996: Das Land der Lebenden, Heyne Mass market paperback, ISBN 3453118863, 445 pp., in German as Land der Lebenden
(from Warner 1990)
Only one road leads to the Afterworld, the path dreaded by mortals great and small, the way called death. There, in that universe of endless and remorseless life, a land of trickery and sorcery, places come and go as though in dreams, and time itself flows fast or slow according to a demon's whim. There, Gilgamesh of Uruk, king of kings, lord of the Land of the Two Rivers, embarks on an odyssey more fabulous and more harrowing than any undertaken in his first life. There, joined by the eternally ravishing Helen of Troy and the godlike artificer Picasso, he searches for Enkidu, true brother of his soul, and finds himself ascending into a kingdom of frenzy and turmoil, a hellish realm unlike any city he had ever seen – a world suspiciously like our own...
[None on record]