Conquerors from the Darkness
by Robert Silverberg
- 1965: Conquerors from the Darkness, Holt Rinehart Winston Hard cover book, 191 pp., in French
- 1968: Conquerors from the Darkness, Dell Mass market paperback, 156 pp.
- 1979: Conquerors from the Darkness/Master of Life and Death, Ace Mass market paperback, 386 pp.
- 1981: Les conqurants de l'ombre, Casterman Mass market paperback, in French as Les Conqurants de l'Ombre
- 1986: Conquerors from the Darkness, Tor Mass market paperback, 213 pp.
(from Dell 1968)
A thousand years in the future, the earth has been conquered by an alien race and covered by a single sea. Dovirr Stargan, who is digusted with the servility of his life on the floating city of Vythain, longs to become one of the Sea-Lords, who roam the sea as powerful protectors of the cities. Dovirr gets his wish, but the return of the alien race brings unexpected and critically dangerous crises to his new life as he learns the real, sometimes terrible, significance of power.
[None on record]