The Dawning Light
by Randall Garrett and Robert Silverberg
writing as Robert Randall*
- 1959: The Dawning Light, Gnome Hard cover book, 191 pp.
- 1964: The Dawning Light, Mayflower Mass market paperback, 189 pp.
- 1981: The Dawning Light, Donning Starblaze Trade paperback
- 1982: The Dawning Light, Ace Mass market paperback, ISBN 0-441-13898-5, 216 pp.
- 1987: Planet der Dämmerung, Lübbe Mass market paperback, ISBN 340422101X, 432 pp., in German
(from Ace 1982)
On the planet Nidor the ties of tradition and stability were coming undone. Unprecedented things kept happening, and although nothing could be traced to the Earthmen, it was clear that the troubles had begun with their arrival.
Norvis peRahn Brajjyd, unjustly expelled from the Earthmen's school, believed he knew why: the Earthmen were not emissaries of the Great Light, as they claimed, but demons from the Outer Darkness. He vowed that he would stop at nothing, even the most unthinkable deed, to break the hold that the aliens had on the people and the Council of Elders.
[None on record]