King of Dreams
by Robert Silverberg
- 2000: Fictionwise, Fictionwise Online
- 2001: The King of Dreams, Voyager Trade paperback, ISBN 0002247453, 400 pp.
- 2001: The King of Dreams, Eos Hard cover book, 451 pp.
- 2002: The King of Dreams, Voyager Mass market paperback, 514 pp.
- 2002: The King of Dreams, Eos Hard cover book, 480 pp.
- 2002: Le Roi des rêves, Laffont Hard cover book, ISBN 222109459X, 477 pp., in French
- 2004: Die Legenden von Majipoor 03: König der Träume, Heyne Trade paperback, ISBN 3453861728, in German as König der Träume
(from Voyager 2001)
At last Prestimion prepares to take his place in the subterranean Labyrinth where the Pontifex must dwell. He has named Prince Dekkeret to succeed him as Coronal. Once a commoner, Dekkeret brings new blood to the aristocratic Starburst Throne, and a popular wisdom. Another prosperous joint reign should begin.
But the diabolical Mandralisca is the éminence grise behind a declaration of independence from distant Zimroel. Coolly proclaiming the five debauched nephews of the treacherous Dantirya Sambail to be the Five Lords of Zimroel, Madralisca is preparing to destroy the unity and peace of Majipoor.
The soothsayer Su-Suheris predicts that a new power is loose in the world, a power equal to any other, but Dekkeret has no faith in omens. Only when Mandralisca avails himself of a sinister device that destroys the mind of Dekkeret's own High Counsellor does the ne Coronal begin to see a threat. But without THE KING OF DREAMS, how can he combat the sinister power emanating from Zimroel?
[None on record]