- 1989: The Mutant Season, Doubleday Hard cover book, 289 pp.
- 1989: The Mutant Season, Doubleday Trade paperback, 289 pp.
- 1990: The Mutant Season, Bantam Mass market paperback, ISBN 0-553-28629-3, 289 pp.
- 1994: Die Zeit der Mutanten, Heyne Mass market paperback, ISBN 3453079515, 363 pp., in German
- 1996: La Saison des mutants, J'ai lu Hard cover book, ISBN 2277230219, 348 pp., in French
- 1997: Tiempo de Mutantes, Ediciones B Mass market paperback, ISBN 8440642830, in Spanish
- 2000: La Saison des mutants, J'ai lu Mass market paperback, ISBN 2290306533, 345 pp., in French
(from Bantam 1990)
Winter is the mutant season.
When winter comes the mutants gather.
They have always lived in the shadows, invisible.
Now they will be tested. The first mutant leader to emerge into the light of public life has been murdered. Finding her assassin has fallen to the clan, a clan already beset by the pressures of the normal world.
Michael, torn between his mutant clan and a normal lover.
Melanie, alone among the mutants and rejected by the normals.
Jena, willing to use her mutant powers and her sexual wiles to get what she wants—Michael.
As society faces the implications of human evolution first-hand, and political maneuvering threatens to tear the clan apart, the mutants must find a way to protect their identity, their lovers, their very lives.
[None on record]